I was given a 2010 desk calendar for Christmas by Jeff. It has a daily saying from the Dalai Lama on the front and a fun brain teaser on back. I use the discarded sheets for scrap paper. Overall a very handy gift. From time to time I will post some of the sayings from the calendar that I particularly find interesting.
Here are two of the latest:
"My earnest request is that you practice love and kindness whether you believe in a religion or not"
"Anger can not be overcome by anger. If a person shows anger to you and you show anger in return, the result is a disaster. In contrast, if you control your anger and show its opposite - love, compassion, tolerance, and patience - then not only will you remain in peace, but the anger of others also will gradually diminish."
I need to keep this last one in mind when dealing with Emily. No one else in the whole world can ignite my anger as quickly. Conversely, no one else can ignite such love and compassion in me as quickly either.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment