Tuesday, January 19, 2010

More Gratitude

Today's assignment was to write about something I feel grateful for. I have so many things. But today I would say that I am thankful for my job. I have lived through unemployment - maybe more than the average person for some reason. There are many people out of work right now. I feel fortunate to not be one. More specifically, though, I am grateful to have the job I have. It overwhelms me sometimes because of all of the many different directions I can go with it. This is both a treasure and a curse.

It allows me the freedom to still be involved with Emily and her activities. I have the flexibility to take her to school and pick her up that a regular 9-5 job would not allow. By working from home, I can put in the hours needed and still maintain my family life - especially helpful when Jeff is traveling.

Like many things that we are grateful for, however, I take my job for granted. I don't always give it my all. I give into gossip and complaint like the next person. So I think I am going to list 3 things that I really like and feel grateful for regarding my job and post it in my office. Hopefully reading those things will bring me back to this place of gratitiude and encourage me to perform my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment