Well, less go! Let's go. My little grandson says, Less Go for Let's go. I like it actually. Less - something I am always trying to be conscious of.
This is my first stab at blogging. I love to journal and thought it would be the perfect outlet to unload my thoughts. My hope for the blog is to include not only my thoughts, but my passions. I love reading, cooking, art, intelligent conversation, and learning.
I'm also trying to be satisfied with less. Less stuff. Less worry. Less clutter - in my house, in my environment and in my mind and spirit. As part of my desire to be happy with less, I'm starting to do this Gratitude Challenge http://www.gratitudechallenge.com/ with my friend Robyn. If I can be more grateful for all the abundance in my life, hopefully I will realize I don't need more.
For my first day of the Gratitude Challenge I am supposed to express why I am doing it and what I hope to get from it. I'm doing this because I have found throughout my life if I will take the focus off of myself and my worries and live in a state of gratitude, I feel joyful instead of depressed and negative. I hope to achieve that state of joy and become more positive. I want to regain my hopefulness. But I also want to be able to pass this on to my Emily. Naturally, at 11 years old she is so in to herself. As she matures, though, I want her to think more about others and to be happy with what she has. I am going to propose the challenge to her and see if she will join in.
So, today I am thankful and grateful for this opportunity to express myself in this new medium.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your first blog! I'm so excited for you and am looking forward to reading the words that my favorite "Wordsmith" has to say...because not only do you write eloquently, but you always have such wise words and advice. I'm following you Baby!!
ReplyDeleteRobyn